Firstly to introduce myself, Im Jen. I adore painting my nails and my love for nail polish really grew when I spent two years in Canada where polish is much cheaper than here in Australia and apparently the climate is much better for my nails too as they suddenly got much stronger. Since I’ve started blogging I’ve not only found an excuse to indulge in my passion for polish but I’ve also been introduced to a wonderful community that surrounds the nail polish and beauty blogging worlds.
This started out as a project to find my HG top and base coat combination in early 2011 because I was sick of my nails chipping after a few days. I spent a few months playing around with different combinations and came to a quite a few realisations:
1. Who cares if my nails chip after a few days, I’m usually bored and want a change then anyway
2. I will never be someone who can wear a manicure for seven days, my nail chemistry just isn’t right
3. Nail art and layering is much more fun than testing longevity
4. A scientific approach to nail polish makes for boring reading
5. I do have a HG top and base coat combination – NailTek Foundation II and Nubar Diamont
After all of this, I decided to ditch the top coat/base coat combo testing and settled into what you see today – a “let’s not reinvent the wheel” nail blog with a combination of swatches, nail art and reviews, along with the occasional DIY craft project deviation. In August 2011 I overhauled everything, went self hosted and I’ve not looked back since.