I’ve been tagged for a couple of awards and quizzes recently by Sabine of My Polish Stash and Melissa of Horrendous Colour. I don’t really go in for awards etc but I do think the quizzes are fun and it’s nice to learn a bit about the people behind the blogs so I always enjoy reading everyone’s answers.
So according to the various posts, I need to tell you 7 or 11 things about myself and answer some preset questions too, so first up the 11 things about myself:
- I was born and raised in the UK until just after I turned 18 when my family moved to Australia
- I’ve also spent two years living in Canada
- I was a prolific nail biter until I was 16
- Despite loving nail polish, I’m completely useless with makeup
- By day, I’m a reporting analyst for a recruitment company
- I frequently find myself thinking in programming code instead of English thanks to #5
- I have absolutely no will power when it comes to dessert
- Despite living in Australia, I don’t particularly like hot weather or the beach
- I’m a movie addict – there is rarely a week that passes where I don’t go to the movies
- I absolutely hate washing up – it’s the one chore I refuse to do
- I’m always amused by LOL Cats
The questions that Sabine suggested originally came from Jacqui of The Scholarly Nail.
- In the age of blogs, do you still subscribe to magazines, and if so which ones? I’ve never subscribed to a magazine, I used to buy Empire (movie magazine) when I was younger but all the latest news is online these day
- Cat person? Dog person? Other? Cats, Cats! I have two of the fluffy beasts who try my patience everyday but I love to death
- Do you travel a lot? What are your favorite places you have traveled to? My parents always used to make sure we went on holiday overseas every year when I was younger so I’ve been lucky that I’ve been to a lot of places. My favourite place hands down is Canada though, such a beautiful country.
- Does your significant other support your beauty habit? I blame him, it all came from me being a WOW widow with nothing to do 3 nights a week…so the polish collection began and so did the blog.
- What is your favorite movie? Probably the first Ice Age movie, it always amuses me.
- Mac or PC? PC, just because they’re more flexible with what can be done with them. I’ve had Macs in the past but probably wouldn’t go back to them.
- Where’s your favorite place to shop? I pretty much hate shopping, I will always go with online over bricks and mortar stores
- What nail polish brand would you choose over all others? China Glaze, I have at least double the amount of China Glaze than I do of any other brand.
- What is the beauty product you can’t live without? Mascara, I always feel better with a coat of mascara on.
- What brand of cosmetics would you buy more of, if money was no object? Probably MAC – I don’t own a single MAC item because I just find the price too high to justify trying it and getting hooked.
- What is your favorite green polish? OPI Thanks A Windmillion – my handbag is the exact same colour